My very first jelly for the Royal Selangor 30-day 'Get your jelly on' Challenge is up! When I received the Nick Munro jelly mould a week ago, I seriously didn't know what to do with them and time was running out. I had a play with them and made a few jellies but most just didn't set and went straight into the bin. After a few more attempts, I eventually got the hang of it and did a happy dance. And that's when the fun begin and the possibilities are endless!
My first jelly is very straight forward and *ahem*, self explanatory really why i made it for the Breast Cancer Awareness month. It is made of soy bean milk, with just a few drops of colouring. I guess I treat every single jelly as an artwork and give it a name, so this one I called it - MILK.
Making the jelly is only half of the fun, and it will be a shame if I can't show you how wobbly these jellies are. Hence, with the help from The Pom, we turned our lounge room into a photo studio, set up a boom box, place the jelly over the top, crank up the bass, and let it do its thing!
Will it jiggle? There's only one way to find out.
And make sure you come back each day for a new wobbly-licious video! Seriously, there are some really good ones that you simply can't take your eyes off! Oh, the hilarity! :D
MILK - Soya milk jelly 250ml soy milk
1 drop of red colouring (nipple)
2 drops x red colouring + 4 x yellow colouring (breast)
2 x titanium grade gelatin sheets
1. soak gelatin in cold water.
2. heat up 50ml soy milk over medium heat, once boiling remove from heat. Add soaked gelatin sheets and stir to dissolve.
3. Add the rest of soy milk and mix well.
4. Pour 2 tablespoon of the milk into a bowl, add 2 drops red colouring, stir well, and pour into jelly mould. Let it set in freeze for 10 mins.
5. Once set, add 2 drops red and 4 drops yellow into the rest of the milk then pour into the mould. Now let it set in the fridge overnight.
WIN Royal Selangor Nick Munro Jelly Mould autographed by Billy Law from Masterchef 2011 & a Olympus VG-110 Camera.
If you like my jelly idea/concept, please do support and leave a comment. Any feedback, idea or even share your story is very much appreciated! Each time you leave a comment will automatically enter into the competition to win these fabulous prizes! You can also use the buttons below and share it with the social world! Thank you!