Before Adriano Zumbo, there is Pierre Herme. For those who loves macaron would have heard of this name, he is known to many as "the Picasso of Pastry". Pierre is most famous for his macarons, and perhaps his most famous is the Ispahan, made with rose, lychee, and raspberry. I've made these ispahan macarons once for my friend's wedding and I absolutely love the flavour combinations. I love lychees and want to use it to make the jelly for this Royal Selangor 30-day ‘Get your jelly on’ challenge, hence the Ispahan jelly was born, and it turns out to be one of my favourite jellies!
For the Ispahan jelly, I split it into two parts, a rose water and raspberry top, and a lychee bottom layer. I simply used Aeroplane raspberry jello with a few drops of rose water, and the bottom layer is just canned lychees set in its own juice. Simple no?
It turns out to be one of my favourite jellies I've made to date and it looks darn pretty too! For the blokes who want to impress the ladies, this is a good recipe to keep in the repository.
I think is time to get jiggy with it?
And make sure you come back each day for a new tit-illating video! Seriously, there are some really good ones that you simply can't take your eyes off! :D
ISPAHAN 1 can lychees
140ml lychee juice from the can
1tbsp raspberry flavour aeroplane jelly
100ml hot water
2 drops rosewater essence
1 sheet titanium grade gelatin sheet
1. pour hot water into aeroplane jelly powder, stir to dissolve then add 2 drops of rosewater essence. Pour into mould and transfer to fridge to let it set.
2. Once set, then start the next stage. Soak the gelatin sheet in cold water.
3. Take the mould out of fridge, arrange lychees on top of the jelly.
4. Pour 50ml of the lychee juice in a small saucepan and heat it up to boiling point. Remove from heat and add gelatin sheet, stir to dissolve. Then pour the mixture in with the remaining lychee juice and stir well.
5. carefully pour the lychee mixture into the mould, transfer to fridge and let it set.
WIN Royal Selangor Nick Munro Jelly Mould autographed by Billy Law from Masterchef 2011 & a Olympus VG-110 Camera.
If you like my jelly idea/concept for the Royal Selangor 30-day 'Get your jelly on' challenge in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, please do support and leave a comment. Any feedback, idea or even share your story is very much appreciated! Each time you leave a comment will automatically enter into the competition to win these fabulous prizes! You can also use the buttons below and share it with the social world! Thank you!
Entries close 30th October, winner will be announced on 31st Oct.