The Pom and I arrived at Curl Curl beach, sat inside the car and watched the sunrise.
That's exactly what we did ten years ago, it was a very special moment that we still cherish today. We decided to wake up at 3am this morning and drove down to Sydney to watch the sunrise at Curl Curl beach. The only difference this time was we also had our little pooch Amelie with us to share it with. It was a random act, but we felt it was the right thing to do to remind ourselves that we still have each other.
We are both workaholics, we found ourselves spending more time working than being with each other. Not to mention my post-MasterChef life has also been a roller-coaster ride and things are a little hectic at times. We didn't even get the chance to celebrate my birthday and our 10th anniversary that had past couple of weeks ago. We carried on like usual until yesterday, the negligent finally took its toll, we faught. We had to sit down and ask ourselves, "Why are we doing this to ourselves?" But it didn't last more than 15 mins, we both finally agreed to go back to where it all started our 10 years life together. Perhaps a fight was all we needed to remind ourselves what's more important in our life.
Make sure you spend some time with your love ones this weekend with lots of XOXO.
This XOXO I've created for the Royal Selangor 30-day ‘Get your jelly on’ Challenge is a strawberry mousse sponge cake. It is not a dacquoise since the cake is not made of meringue nor almond meal. Between each layer of sponge cake is pink strawberry mousse. It looks tricky but actually very simple to make. Hope you like it.
And don't forget to comment about this dessert to enter the competition to WIN an autographed Royal Selangor Nick Munro jelly mould and an Olympus camera!
And make sure you come back each day for a new tit-illating video! Seriously, there are some really good ones that you simply can't take your eyes off! :D
XOXO Sponge cake 4 egg, separated
90g castor sugar
1tsp vanilla paste
60g butter, melted n cooled
1/2cup plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1. Whisk egg yolks, 60g sugar, vanilla paste together until pale and thick.
2. Sift plain flour, baking powder into the mixture, add butter then mix well.
3. Whisk egg white until soft peak, rain the castor sugar into the meringue in batches, whisk the egg white until still and glossy.
4. Fold 1/3 of egg white into the cake mixture and make sure is all incorporated, then add another 1/3 of the meringue and fold gently, and repeat until all meringue are incorporated into the mixture
5. Pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined and greased with baking paper.
6. Bake the cake in oven at 170C for 10-12min. Once finish, set aside on wire rack and let cool.
4 strawberries, hulled and mashed well
1/2 titanium grade gelatin sheet
1 egg white
2tbsp caster sugar
1/4cup heavy cream
1. soak gelatin in cold water, drain, then heat the gelatin sheet in microwave for 10 sec until dissolved.
2. Beat egg white until soft peak, gradually add sugar while beating until dissolved.
3. Whip cream until soft peak, then fold the egg white in.
4. Add strawberries and gelatine and fold gently.
To Assemble 5 strawberries, halved
1. Grease then Line the mould with baking paper.
2. Fill the tip of the mould with sponge cake, then top with 1 tablespoonful of mousse.
3. Use a ring cutter and cut the sponge cake that fits half way in the mould. Place the sponge cake over the mousse.
4. Line the strawberries around the mould, then fill the center with mousse.
5. Seal the mould with another sponge cake using the largest ring cutter.
6. Weigh it down with heavy object, transfer to fridge and let it set.
WIN Royal Selangor Nick Munro Jelly Mould autographed by Billy Law from Masterchef 2011 & a Olympus VG-110 Camera.
If you like my jelly idea/concept for the Royal Selangor 30-day 'Get your jelly on' challenge in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, please do support and leave a comment. Any feedback, idea or even share your story is very much appreciated! Each time you leave a comment will automatically enter into the competition to win these fabulous prizes! You can also use the buttons below and share it with the social world! Thank you!
Entries close 30th October, winner will be announced on 31st Oct.