“Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
"You are what you ate." I am sure you all have heard of that saying a thousand million times. Food has become such a hot topic these days and everyone wants a slice of it. Almost everyone owns a food blog, takes photos of food, writes about food, talks about food and eats the food. Food related TV shows like Masterchef and My Kitchen Rules were and still are some of the most popular reality TV shows, chefs becoming rock stars, food is now being served in restaurants and trucks. And then, there are the advocates who go out to find the meaning of food and inspire and encourage us to a better healthy eating lifestyle.
Named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in 2010 and the author of four New York Times bestsellers, Michael Pollan has been opening our eyes to food for the past 25 years with books like Food Rules, In Defense of Food and The Omnivore’s Dilemma. If you have never read his books I encourage you to do so. Some of the examples or rules given in the book are common sense that we somehow oversaw. For instance,
"When you are shopping at the supermarket, if you try to avoid the aisle and just shop around it, then you will find fresh meat, vegetables, and you will be eating healthy, because aisles are usually just processed food. "
If you think about it, isn't it true that's the usual layout at all supermarkets?
And lucky us, Michael Pollan is coming to Sydney and Melbourne and he will be sharing his wise opinions on stage at Sydney Opera House on 10 July. This will be a rare opportunity to hear Micheal's philosophy in food as he explores the ethical bonds between food, farms and health. And we have 3 double passes to giveaway to our ATFT readers.
[competition is now closed and winners are announced]
3 x double passes to see Michael Pollan on 10 July at Sydney Opera House concert hall
HOW TO ENTER
1. Like A Table For Two facebook page:
2. Leave a comment in this post by finishing the sentence below -
[box]What was the last unhealthy food that you ate? (now, be honest! :) ) [/box]
Terms & conditions:
1. You must be over 18 years old or older to enter.
2. Entry will be judged on humour, creativity and honesty.
3. You can enter as many times as you like, BUT one entry per day ONLY!
4. Entries are opened to Sydney Residents only. 5. It is non refundable or in exchange for cash.
6. The decision of the judges are final.
7. The winner will be drawn and announced on Monday, 2 July 2012, 10.00AM AEST.
8. Winner will be notified by email, and your tickets can be picked up at the box office. If no one claims the prize within 7 days, another winner will be drawn.
9. Please use contact form if you have any questions.
10. Do no participate if you are not comfortable with the rules and conditions.