A 24-year-old man has died in hospital after an explosion at a Lebanese restaurant in Sydney’s west last month.

Emergency services were called to a fire at the On Sunset Lebanese restaurant in Parramatta on June 21.

On arrival, officers were told an employee was using cleaning product that caught alight causing an explosion.

The young man was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics before he was taken to hospital and placed in a coma.

He died two weeks later.

Man Catches on Fire
Camera IconA 23 year old man caught on fire in an accident at On Sunset Parramatta in June. Tim Hunter. Credit: News Corp Australia

On Sunset posted to their Instagram on July 1 to share with their customers that they were closed.

“We are currently closed as we perform repairs & maintenance to our venue,” the post read.

They are scheduled to reopen for business this Friday.

The fire is not being treated as suspicious and a report will be prepared for the information of the Coroner.

SafeWork NSW have also been notified.