A pot left on a restaurant stove sparked a fire in Dickson in the early hours of Saturday morning.
ACT Fire & Rescue was called to the fire in a Woolley Street restaurant about 5.30am.
“The cause of the fire was due to a pot having been left turned on, on the stove in a restaurant kitchen. The fire has been extinguished and nobody has been injured,” it said in a statement.
“This incident is a reminder to always stay with your cooking while its on the stove and to ensure all appliances are turned off when not in use.”