Farm-fresh kitchen and bar is now serving Flash-Fried Brussel Sprouts, Shroomin’ Sandwich, Farmshuka Cauliflower Rice Bowl and more
Dallas, TX (RestaurantNews.com) Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar is reigniting its commitment to using neighborhood resources and redefining its culinary approach to create cleaner, brighter flavor profiles in its new seasonal offerings!
Guests of the farm-to-fork kitchen and bar can celebrate summer with Whiskey Cake’s assortment of new scratch-made dishes starring the finest local seasonal ingredients. For a refreshing dining experience, guests can indulge in these delicious, innovative items:
- Blistered Green Beans– Candied cashews, pickled red fresnos, shiitake mushrooms, soy goodness and WC garden picked Thai basil.
- Flash-Fried Brussels Sprouts– Roasted sunflower seeds, honey-lemon pepper glaze, bbq-lime aioli and shaved ricotta salata.
From the Garden:
- Lemongrass Shrimp & Soba Noodle – Wild arugula, shaved cabbage, snap peas, hand-shucked corn, vine ripe tomatoes, radish and Thai basil ginger dressing.
- Grains Bowl – Lamb meatballs, chilled golden quinoa, marinated heirloom tomatoes, shaved cucumber, pickled beets, dill pickled carrot slaw, roasted garlic hummus, harissa-roasted chickpeas and Aleppo-lemon feta vinaigrette.
- Smoked Chopped Chicken – Chopped baby romaine, smoked grilled chicken, crispy bacon, baby heirloom tomatoes, avocado, smoked cheddar, hard-boiled egg and basil-garlic dressing.
Between the Bread:
- Chickenbirdger – Melted fontina, arugula-frisée, lettuce, tomato, pickled red onion, lemon vinaigrette, crumbled feta, basil-garlic aioli and sesame potato bun.
- Smoked Tri Tip Dip – Melted Swiss, slow-roasted onion jam, arugula, horseradish mayo, smoked garlic au jus and a ciabatta roll.
- Shroomin’ Sandwich – Crispy cremini mushrooms, roasted red pepper marinara, basil-garlic aioli and sesame hoagie.
Mains and Live Fire:
- Farmshuka Cauliflower Rice Bowl – Spicy tomato stew, pan-braised chard, okra, peppers, chickpeas, crumbled feta and micro cilantro.
- Shrimp & Grits – White cheddar-roasted green Chile grits, wilted greens, garlic-herb cream, smoked bacon, blistered baby heirloom tomatoes and micro basil.
Alongside the unveiling of these summer-inspired flavors, Whiskey Cake maximized its locally sourced in-season ingredients to refresh some of its fan favorites with new flavors, including Pan-Steamed Mussels, OG OMG Burger, Bacon Double Cheeseburger, Bone-In Pork Chop, Rotisserie Farm Bird, Ribeye and Salmon.
To view the full menu or to find a Whiskey Cake location near you, visit whiskeycake.com.
Staying true to its mission of better neighborhoods connected by local artisans, badasses and barkeeps, Whiskey Cake sources flavors, seasonal ingredients and ideas straight from local farms to expertly craft innovative dishes and cocktails in its scratch kitchen and bar. Each chef takes simple elements and transforms them into classic American dishes using slow cooking methods on its live wood grill, smoker and spit. In addition to offering farm-to-fork dishes, Whiskey Cake’s experienced barkeeps hand-make whiskey cocktails and bold elixirs from premium liquors and fresh ingredients picked straight from their on-site garden.
As a pioneer in the American spirit space, Whiskey Cake cultivates strong relationships with local partners to house about 250 core and 50 additional rare whiskeys. Made possible through these deep connections, the brand hosts monthly pairing dinners and features 52 different offerings through its Whiskey of the Week program.
About Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar
Founded in 2010 by FB Society, Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar is a quirky neighborhood restaurant best known for its locally sourced, farm-fresh food and garden-to-glass cocktails. From its commitment to local ingredients and sustainable practices to its innovative food and drinks, Whiskey Cake is constantly exploring and challenging the status quo. Whiskey Cake currently has restaurants in Oklahoma City, Tampa, and Friendswood, Katy, Las Colinas, Plano, San Antonio, Stafford and The Woodlands, Texas. To learn more about Whiskey Cake, visit whiskeycake.com.